AFS cache

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Tue Sep 7 09:19:16 CEST 2004

> I noticed that cache does not get flushed. Not even manually with 'fs
> flush'. Too many times I have to stop Arla and then start it again to
> be able to get current versions of files in AFS locations. Any
> trick/tip to avoid that or have Arla reflect current status files in
> AFS directories?

I think Kaj and Tol found something. Can you check if you have therse
files open (with lsof for example) and if the files get updated as
soon as you don't have them open any more? In that case: What
application does typically hold the file open for you?

> Stop Arla, Start Arla. Annoying.

That will forcefully throw away all state. I don't know how friendly
that is to the applications that might have the files open.

Harald.