Odd problem with a change not propagating..

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Sat Sep 4 12:05:29 CEST 2004

mmarion at qualcomm.com writes:

> Don't know if anyone's seen this, or if it's a known issue, but I made some
> changes yesterday where I changed a couple directories into symlinks..
> i.e.
> qt was a dir, changed it to:
> qt -> .qt. at sys

We had some reports about an invalidation problem when setting a new
sysname, could be the same thing. It didn't happen whenn I tried, and left
it at that for the time being. Setting a new sysname isn't a very common
operation. I'll take a look at it when I find the time.

> Only thing I know is that the hosts where this seems to have gotten
> stuck.. are ones that had active jobs on them when the volumes were
> released..  those that were totally idle were ok.

Good thing to know. If you happen to find a simple test case, please tell us.

Apart from this, is everything working well? What's you setup, usage, etc?

thanks
        /Tomas