kerenl panic memory fault with arla

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Wed Oct 27 22:31:31 CEST 2004

"vinod kumar boppana" <bvinodvivek at rediffmail.com> writes:

> i am using arla on tru64 ( alpha) machines.

I'm afraid we haven't had any such machines here for a long time, so we
aren't doing any further tru64 development. And we won't be able to do any
tests.

> this is happening only if user jobs(with their user space on the afs
> partition) are running on the machines at the time 04:20:00.

What do you have scheduled at 0420, reboot or something else?

Try to figure out what happens at 0420 and see if you can work around
it. For example, if you have a reboot scheduled, it might help to kill the
user's jobs nicely a few seconds before the actual reboot.

/Tomas