Small gripe/bug with pts

mmarion@qualcomm.com mmarion at qualcomm.com
Tue Nov 23 22:40:33 CET 2004

For some reason, -noauth works if it's the last argument, but not if it's
first.  Should order of args really matter?

cornholio ~ {518}$ pts examine -noauth mmarion -cell qualcomm.com
[-noauth]
-nameorid <undefined> user or group name
-cell <string>        what cell to use
-host <string>        specified db
-noauth               don't authenticate
cornholio ~ {519}$ pts examine mmarion -cell qualcomm.com -noauth
Name: mmarion, id: 32836, owner: system:administrators, creator: 90037,
  membership: 287, flags: S----, group quota: 20.

Noticed this because the afs sudo/release scripts we have here do the above
pts examine in the order of the first example.  Could be changed, but not sure
why arg must be last.

BTW, kalog now working like a charm against our transarc servers.  Now if I
could just vos rel from one of my arla based hosts.. :)

--
Mike Marion-Unix SysAdmin/Staff Engineer-http://www.qualcomm.com
Jo-anna: "Bing? That's a great name."