AFS ID in output of tokens

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Fri May 28 09:58:09 CEST 2004

Martin Gasbichler <gasbichl at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> When I use the "tokens" command, I cannot see to which user the displayed
> tokens belong.

AFAIK, the uid displayed by tokens is just for display, if you create a
file in AFS it will get the right AFS id. The problem is that kinit/afslog
do not ask AFS (pts) about your AFS id. We used to have a utility that did
this (klog?), but we killed it as it only spoke kerberos v4 and generally
was less useful than kinit etc. The code is still in the tree
(appl/afsutils/klog.c) if you want to play with it. I wouldn't mind having
a krb5-enabled klog around.

/Tomas