hints for compiling Arla on OS X 10.3

Keith Johnston keith at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Fri May 7 10:54:52 CEST 2004

Hi;
	I am sorry to be asking these questions, but I am not a programmer and
am somewhat  out of my depth and would appreciate any help that could
be offered.
	I am currently trying to compile arla for OS X 10.3.3 using and I want
to use OS Xs MIT Kerberos. I have installed krbafs (no crypto) from
MIT, I could not configure either arla 0.35.11 or 0.35.12 from the
source tar balls .
	I have downloaded a recent snapshot arla 0.36pre40 I have been able to
configure that and told it about krbafs and hunted around for other
krb4 and krb5  goodies. I am using the default gcc 3.3  and it gets
what looks like quite a way through compiling the code but dies when
working on rxk_serv.c with a number of undeclared function etc. errors.
	I am wondering if my problem is related to the krbafs  or whether
there is some other tricks I am missing to ease my way forward.
	Thanks in advance for your help.
Keith
Keith Johnston									xtn: 87977
Computer Support
Computer Science Department					Rm 395

	This email is brought to you by the letters OS X and the number 10