setgroups() problem w/ arla module loaded

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Wed Jun 23 14:55:02 CEST 2004

> hirsch at monarch:~> klist -T
> klist: No ticket file: /tmp/krb5cc_600
>
> Jun 23 07:34:58  Jun 24 09:01:19  User's (AFS ID 600) tokens for pii.fast.net
>
> Neither my cell nor my employers use on-disk credentials.  Is there a way
> to make the heimdal tools work with "vanilla" AFS authentication?

I have not used the kaserver this century. I don't think the kaserver
is very safe. You may use the "fs nnpfsdebug" stuff to find out what
is going on in the nnpfs kernel module. The code in cvs HEAD has
allready code which tries to use the alternate /proc interface and
that might bite you.

> > > Took a while to figure out the AliasDB file (found by grepping the
> > > sources).  Would it be possible to adopt the same file naming as OpenAFS?
> > > They call this CellAlias, FWIW.
> >
> > I have no idea as you are the first person I hear of using this feature
> > in an Arla client.
>
> Really?  All I can say is that it gets tiring typing out the full cell
> name every time <g>.

I mostly type:

/a<TAB>/st<TAB>
/a<TAB>/pd<TAB>