nnpfs does not compile on 0.36.1 on FreeBSD 5.2(Current).

Klaus Robert Suetterlin robert at mpe.mpg.de
Tue Jun 15 16:57:38 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to get arla compiled an a alpha-freebsd52 system.  make fails in nnpfs_wrap-bsd.c (line 139) because of makedev not beeing defined.

makedev is defined in sys/types.h only #ifndef _KERNEL.  Also dev_t is a pointer to cdev #ifdef _KERNEL and an integer only #ifndef _KERNEL.

Sorry I cannot provide patches, as I really do not know the ins and outs of kernel programming.  The above is simply derived from reading the include files... I do not know why / when FreeBSD changed dev_t to be a pointer to cdev.

There is also some WARNINGS during configure that shall be reported to arla-drinkers:

configure:9348: WARNING: machine/asm.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure:9350: WARNING: machine/asm.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure:9352: WARNING: machine/asm.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure:9354: WARNING: machine/asm.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure:9356: WARNING: machine/asm.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure:9358: WARNING: machine/asm.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure:9348: WARNING: sys/libkern.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure:9350: WARNING: sys/libkern.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure:9352: WARNING: sys/libkern.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure:9354: WARNING: sys/libkern.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure:9356: WARNING: sys/libkern.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure:9358: WARNING: sys/libkern.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure:9348: WARNING: sys/sysproto.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure:9350: WARNING: sys/sysproto.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure:9352: WARNING: sys/sysproto.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure:9354: WARNING: sys/sysproto.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure:9356: WARNING: sys/sysproto.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure:9358: WARNING: sys/sysproto.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure:9348: WARNING: sys/systm.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure:9350: WARNING: sys/systm.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure:9352: WARNING: sys/systm.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure:9354: WARNING: sys/systm.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure:9356: WARNING: sys/systm.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure:9358: WARNING: sys/systm.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence

Regards, Robert S.