arla klog and setpag

Andy Malato andym at oak.njit.edu
Tue Jun 8 18:53:48 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I noticed that the -setpag option to the arla klog behaves a bit
differently from that of the OpenAFS/TransARC klog.

When using the -setpag option on arla klog ( arla-0.35.12 ) a new shell is
spawned and a PAG is created.  However, with the OpenAFS/TransARC klog,
the -setpag option just creates a new PAG, does not start a new shell.

I am curious to know if it is possible to make the arla klog -setpag behave like
the OpenAFS/TransARC klog -setpag.   If anything, it would be convenient
if the new shell that gets spawned is the user's default shell, and not
the Bourne shell, which is what appears to get started.

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas one can provide.

Regards,

        ---Andy