Cache size

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Fri Jul 23 10:41:31 CEST 2004

> Is it not possible to have a cache larger than 2GB?

I think I have used arla cache sizes > 2GB in the past, it should
work.

> ls: reading directory /afs/hpc2n.umu.se/: No space left on device

Please turn on arladebug and nnpfsdebug. That will probably tell
you what limit you have run into.

> Does arla support files larger than 2GB?

That depends.... You need:

     A cache file system that supports it
     Arla compiled in an environment that enables big off_t (for some linux dists you may need __USE_FILE_OFFSET64)
     A server that is compiled with --enable-largefile-fileserver
     A server vicepX file system that supports it

After my vacation I'll start to test big file and big volume stuff.

Harald.