@sys doen't work on RW volumes

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Tue Jul 20 18:22:56 CEST 2004

mmarion at qualcomm.com writes:

> is something built under glibc2.3.x still libc6?

Dunno. My debian has /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.3.2.so.

> unfortunately we're using all transarc servers, so we'd probably want to
> match those.  Though if we have all the clients working the same, I guess
> the server really doesn't matter.

I don't see what the server has to do with it. AFAIK, sysnames are local to
the client. The default sysname is just handy for those that happen to like
it. BTW, you don't need to run the OpenAFS/Transarc client on your servers
if you don't want to. I think Stockholm University has Arla clients on
their (FreeBSD) fileservers for some reason, at least they used to.

/Tomas