ports/68556: Update port: net/arla to version 0.36.1

Rasmus Kaj kaj at e.kth.se
Sat Jul 3 00:16:42 CEST 2004

 CL> On -CURRENT I have: [ ... errors ... ]
 CL> Can you please investigate ?

Ok, now I have got myself a machine running FreeBSD-current, and found
the problem.

On Wed Jun 16 09:47:24 and Jun 17 17:16:52 2004 UTC, phk did two
commits [1], "the dreaded s/dev_t/struct cdev */", according to the
first commit message.  This, of course, requires rather large changes
in how arla hooks itself into the kernel.

I propose to temporarily mark the port as broken for __FreeBSD_version
502116 and up (then there is no harm in comitting it, as the old
version certainly wont compile there).  I will try to create a patch
for this, but probably not in the nearest weak, as I'm going to be
mostly without internet and without a machine running current for a
weak, as I go on vacation this Monday.

If anyone else on arla-drinkers want to create a patch, that is of
course welcome.

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/sys/systm.h ,
revisions 1.207 and 1.208.

--
 \                            By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail