arla & freebsd 5.x

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Thu Jan 1 22:27:40 CET 2004

> Thanks, no with --without-krb4 it does not give that error but now I
> get the following:
>
> gensysname gensysname-gensysname.o  ../../util/.libs/libarlautil.a
> -L/usr/src/crypto/heimdal/lib -lroken -lcrypt
> gensysname-gensysname.o: In funct

Uhm, I'm a bit impressed. You seem to have a talent of hitting quite
unbelievable link problems ;-). So, what is your configure line and
what where have you installed heimdal? Your output kindof implies that
you should have a /usr/src/crypto/heimdal/lib/libroken.a containing
set_progname like below. Alternatively the libroken from arla will
contain set_progname, too. If you have heimdal's libroken use it,
otherwise let arla build its own.

$ nm -o libroken.a |grep set_prog
/usr/heimdal/lib/libroken.a:setprogname.o:00000000 T set_progname

Harald.