CVS arla and kerberos 4

Martin Gasbichler gasbichl at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Feb 4 16:59:40 CET 2004

Martin Gasbichler <gasbichl at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> Harald Barth <haba at pdc.kth.se> writes:
>
>> Martin wrote:
>>> kalog.o: In function `main':
>>> /afs/wsi/pu/src/gasbichl/arla/appl/kalog/kalog.c:121: undefined reference to `ka_authenticate'
>>
>> So I would then call it "unsupported", probably because noone in the Arla project can
>> test it anymore. Then I learned why the reason for the #if 0: The code inside depends
>> on krb4 and arla-current does not do that any more. So you have three options: Take away
>> the #if 0 and find a ker4 lib, use some old arla kalog (which depends on krb4 also) or
>> use kalog (maybe called klog) from the openafs distribution. That part of openafs
>> should build on FreeBSD even if the rest doesn't.
>
> Okay, I've built kalog and linked it against KTH Kerberos 4, version
> 1.2.1, but it didn't work:

Just for the record: After a hint from Alec Kloss I've figured out the
source of the problem: The stock FreeBSD Kerberos seems to have AFS
support disabled. After I installing heimdal 1.6 in /usr/local I could
successfully build the current CVS head of arla using

./configure --with-roken=/usr/local/heimdal
--with-krb5=/usr/local/heimdal --without-krb4

I can now use the klog program from OpenAFS to get a token from the
kaserver.

--
Martin