Problems with arla and MIT kerberos

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Wed Aug 25 15:44:17 CEST 2004

> The interface for inserting tokens into the kernel/AFS client has
> changed, so you need a new krbafs. I know of two implementations: Not
> yet released Heimdal/KTH-KRB code and OpenAFS 1.3.x.

Hm, I think we should clarify what versions we are talking about.
I was talking about arla-0.36 (and its RPM patch level 6) which
fits heimdal-0.6.2 (RPM patch level 4) The whole "put token into
Linux kernel" stuff is nasty and if you're curious, this is from
slides presented at the USENIX AFS workshop:

http://www.stacken.kth.se/projekt/arla/paperbag.html

> These Arla and (patched) Heimdal RPMs should do:
> http://www.e.kth.se/~abo/krb-and-afs/rpms/
> I haven't compiled them for the latest kernel though.

Which is arla-0.36.2 patchlevel 1 and heimdal 0.6.2 patchlevel 7.

Patchlevel 7 has features that will show up in the next Heimdal
release I suppose. (And to answer the next question - no, I don't know
when that is due.)

Harald.