Problems with arla and MIT kerberos

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Wed Aug 25 15:16:15 CEST 2004

> I have already tested, and they work fine for some configurations...
> the problem is when you need to access things in a krb4 server for which
> (please, correct me if I am wrong) heimdal does not do the job...
> Is that correct?!

Heimdal does have krb4 backwards compat if its ./configure finds the
v4 environment, for example from kth-krb. Because v4 is cruft and
there is actually no good reason not to upgrade all your v4 servers to
at least v4+v5 servers (and after a while turning off v4) our Heimdal
RPMs are built without v4.

> I also would like to try openafs, but I don't think it will work for
> FC2....

"Not yet with pags" I heard. But you can use the authentification
binaries from openafs and use them to stuff tokens into Arlas nnpfs
kernel module as well as you can use the other utilities from openafs
together with the Arla client. Most things just should work, one of
the few things that I can think of that is not compatible is the
"fs {set,get}cachesize" command.

Harald.