Arla and OSX 10.3

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Tue Oct 28 12:03:08 CET 2003

> I built it from the 0.35.12 tarball, but using the old 10.2 developer
> tools
> (GCC 3.1). I haven't had a chance to recompile using Panther's GCC
> 3.3, but
> I plan on trying this soon. I was presently surprised that the
> binaries I
> had compiled before in Jaguar worked in Panther.

GCC 3.3 fails when trying to build Arla 0.36pre, and probably 0.35.x as
well. One fix is to set your CC=gcc3, since that is gcc 3.1.

There are also some nnpfs issues. You probably did not bump into them
since you used the old header files.

libroken requires -DBIND_8_COMPAT, since resolve.c uses T_A, T_NS,
T_CNAME, etc.

/Magnus