Arla 0.35.12 hangs on ls?

Aaron Rosenblum arosenbl at mac.com
Wed Mar 19 03:51:28 CET 2003

Hey all,

I just pulled the 0.35.12 source down from the ftp server and built it
on my Powerbook running MacOS X 10.2.4.  I built it with the options:

./configure --with-krbafs=/usr/local --with-krb5=/usr/  --disable-mmap

I also built the "appl/mac" directory to get the GUI tools.

I installed, set ThisCell to 'umich.edu',  and using ArlaConfiguration
app I started arla and the AFS volume appeared.

However, in the terminal the shell just hangs when I cd into umich.edu
and issue an ls command.  Interestingly enough, I can ls in
engin.umich.edu, and citi.umich.edu, but not umich.edu or
lsa.umich.edu.  I used to be able to use all of them on 0.35.10, and I
have OpenAFS installed on my desktop and those cells work fine.  I even
copied the CellServDB file down from my desktop.

Any suggestions?  Did I omit something in the build process?  I wish to
use the built in Kerberos.  My site issues kerberos 4 tickets for
engin.umich.edu and both Kerb5 and Kerb4 for umich.edu.

thanks

Aaron