Installation problems on linux/debian

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Tue Feb 25 17:17:41 CET 2003

Love <lha at stacken.kth.se> writes:

> nisse at lysator.liu.se (Niels Möller) writes:
>
> > Basically, I have the xfs module loaded into the kernel (it's listed
> > in /proc/modules), but I don't see it in /proc/devices, there's no
> > entry for char major 103. So initialization must have failed somehow.
>
> Do have you have devfs in the kernel but are not using it ?

That may well be the case (I didn't compile the kernel myself, I just
installed the kernel-image-2.4.18-386 package). devfs is listed in
/proc/filesystems. So I guess that means I have devfs in the kernel.

On the other hand, I have no devfs mounted, all of /dev but /dev/pts
are ordinary device nodes on an ordinary partition.

What's the right way to disable the devfs thing in arla? Is there a
configure option, or should I hack xfs/linux/xfs_locl.h to
unconditionally #undef DEVFS_SUPPORT?

Regards,
/Niels