Problems with dual Opteron and arla-0.36pre29

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Tue Dec 30 16:51:29 CET 2003

Still blind flight on my side. But I saw now other reactions...

> Trying to start arla fails with the following error messages:
>
> /usr/arla/bin/nnpfs.o: Possibly is module compiled without
> -mcmodel=kernel!

I think I added this flag to the flags which are used to compile
the nnpfs kernel module:

habariff:haba$ grep mcmodel /afs/stacken.kth.se/ftp/pub/arla/random-patches/opteron-against-0.36pre29.patch
+    KERNEL_CFLAGS="${KERNEL_CFLAGS} -mcmodel=kernel" ;;

If your compiler does not support or ignores that flag, you may need
to use another compiler (kgcc? Other version?). Check that the nnpfs
stuff really is compiled with that flag.

> opteron seems not to support the flag -mcmodel=kernel!

Strange. At least the compiler that compiles your kernel should
use that memory model on an x86-64.

Harald.