IPv6 support?

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Mon Sep 30 17:10:13 CEST 2002

> Have been looking through the arla doc pages but did not see any
> references to a possible IPv6 support. Does arla support IPv6? If
> not, are there any plans of doing so?

Yes, there are plans. These are the things that must be done:

* Implement IPv6 support in Rx (proof-of-concept done, but must be rewritten)
* There must be new calls in the AFS protocol that handle IPv6 addresses.
* These calls must be implemented.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything. The most critical part is the
specification of the new calls. We almost did a specification of this
a year ago, but it was never finished.

/Magnus