using xfs to implement a new fs--pls give me some hints

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Fri Sep 27 17:45:17 CEST 2002

"yf" <fyou at dsguardian.com> writes:

> hi, all,
>
> I want to write a daemon using xfs(nnpfs) to implement a file system. I
> have read the codes for one week. To make the works simple, Currently I
> only want it supporting open, read. I found my works begin from
> xfs_message_getroot, xfs_message_getnode, xfs_message_getattr,
> xfs_message_getdata. Am I right? Could you want(pls) give me some
> help/hints? Thanks for all.

Yes, that would be about it, I think you are missing that you need to to
invalid_node (this data is invalid, go get new one if you want) and gc_node
(please throw away this node I need to to free nodes).

We'll redo the gc stuff soon, currently its not very good.

You need to implement all the other calls (that is, the one arla
implements), just make them fail with appropriate error codes.