POP3 server w/AFS support?

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Mon Mar 4 10:37:45 CET 2002

>>> Does anyone know of a POP3 server that has AFS support or possibly
>>> Kerberos support that works with AFS?
>>
>> What do you mean by AFS support?
>
> Anything and everything, from picking up mail itself from AFS, to
> (most importantly) mere authentication via AFS.

Picking up mail from AFS on the server side seems quite difficult if
you use kerberos authentication, since the server won't have
permission to read anywhere useful, if you don't give the process
itself those permissions (with a srvtab). Of course you could have
forwardable or proxiable tickets, but I don't know of a POP3 protocol
that handles that.

If you by "authentication via AFS" mean kerberos authentication, then
you could use the kth-krb/heimdal POP3 server.

/Magnus