Extending the life of tokens?

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Wed Jul 31 23:30:46 CEST 2002

> I currently use Arla build 0.35.9 on OSX 10.1.5. Is there a config file for
> kalog or a command line switch that will allow me to request longer-lived
> AFS credentials (tokens)? The default seems to be 10h 40m. Or is this driven
> by the server and not the client?

The kalog program is hard-coded to use 8 * 3600 seconds. We normally
use the kauth program from kth-krb/heimdal, and that allows you to
specify the lifetime. It is not included, however, and uses the
krb4/krb5 protocols.

If you don't have to use he kaserver protocol (which kalog uses), you
can use the klog program, which is included in arla. It allows you to
specify the lifetime.

/Magnus