can't cd to afs-dircetories, how to diagnose and fix?

Robert Suetterlin robert at mpe.mpg.de
Tue Jan 8 13:00:41 CET 2002

Hello!

	I just installed arla on freebsd4.5-prerelease from arla-port.  I set up everything in CellServDB ThisCell and /etc/kerberosIV as usual for my cell REALM (ipp-garching.mpg.de).

When I try to cd into a subdircetory of /afs or try to list any of these the command never finishes.

I really do not know how to diagnosw this problem or how to fix it.  My var/log/messages has lots of entrances reading
/kernel: xfs_message_installattr: tokens and no dat

Regards, Robert S.

--
Robert Suetterlin (robert at mpe.mpg.de)
phone: (+49)89 / 30000-3546   fax: (+49)89 / 30000-3950