arlad & FreeBSD 4.4/4.5

Aaron Angel aangel at myrealbox.com
Wed Feb 20 04:45:15 CET 2002

I recently installed OpenAFS to serve my sole Windows machine (in plans to implement AFS on a few other machines as well soon).  All went well, except the client sucked, so I installed Arla which I have had previos good experiences with.  It was functioning fine, until a little while ago.

Now, ever I run the startarla script, I get a wonderful kernel panic.  It loads the module and mounts /afs fine, however it panics when it gets to the good part of starting arlad.

It was working fine upon install from scratch on a FreeBSD 4.4 system, then I upgraded to 4.5 when I realised I had used the wrong install CD.  The problem, naturally, continued.  I was just wondering if this was a somewhat common problem easily fixed, or if I really need to gather some info and send it in.

Thanks in advanced.