arla on Darwin and Custom client

Dima Brodsky dima at cs.ubc.ca
Wed Dec 18 19:58:09 CET 2002

Hi,

I am using the arla kernel module on MacOSX 10.2 and building a custom
userlevel arla server.

I am running into the following problem.

I get a GETROOT request and reply with an INSTALLROOT message.
Then when I cd into the mounted directory I get a GETATTR request,
I reply with a INSTALLATTR and the aral module replies back with
a GETATTR.  What do I need to do to satisfy arla's GETATTR request?
I don't understand what is said in teh xfs.txt file that the xfs
iplementation will loop with getattrs until there are no more nodes
or an erro occurs, but it is requesting the same node all the time.

Thanks
ttyl
Dima

Dima Brodsky                                   dima at cs.ubc.ca
                                               http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~dima
201-2366 Main Mall
Department of Computer Science                 (604) 822-2895 (DSG Lab)
University of British Columbia, Canada         (604) 822-5485 (FAX)

"The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity.
 It is a price which the very rich find the most hard to pay."
						  (Sir Antony Hoare, 1980)