Authenticate?

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue Aug 6 13:05:15 CEST 2002

Aaron Rosenblum <arosenbl at mac.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> What exactly does the "Auth" checkbox do in the GUI configuration app
> for Arla on MacOS X?  I assumed that it attempted an aklog upon
> starting arla for the associated cell, but issuing a
> /usr/arla/bin/tokens command shows nothing.

It modifices the /usr/arla/etc/TheseCells, tools that users libkafs will
look at this fil when given no explicit argument.

	: lha at nutcracker ; unlog
	: lha at nutcracker ; tokens

	Tokens held by Arla:

	: lha at nutcracker ; aklog

	Tokens held by Arla:

	User's (AFS ID 913) tokens for afs at su.se [Expires Aug  6 23:01]
	User's (AFS ID 1495719) tokens for afs at pdc.kth.se [Expires Aug  6 23:02]
	User's (AFS ID 2683047) tokens for afs at nada.kth.se [Expires Aug  6 23:02]
	User's (AFS ID 18347) tokens for afs at stacken.kth.se [Expires Aug  6 23:02]
	User's (AFS ID 2017900) tokens for afs at e.kth.se [Expires Aug  6 23:02]
	   --End of list--

	: lha at nutcracker ; cat /usr/arla/etc/TheseCells
	e.kth.se
	stacken.kth.se
	nada.kth.se
	pdc.kth.se
	su.se

If a user have a $HOME/.TheseCells, its also appended to the list of cells
to get tokens for.

> Also, how exactly does the "Start Arla at Boot" checkbox modify the
> system so that arla starts at boot?

Is stores "yes" or "no" in /usr/arla/etc/startatboot that the start script
/Library/StartupItems/Arla/Arla looks at when booting.