newbie, afs file path question

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Sat Sep 8 10:00:43 CEST 2001

> FWIW, if that's the case, you might try trimming out the entries in
> the CellServDB file for cells you don't use--I'm still running an
> older copy of arla on one machine, with only 2 cells listed, and it
> mounts those cells in a reasonable time, and the alias we have set
> for our cell works ok. (cs.unc.edu is aliased to unc in our system).

This works if CellServDB is the only place where the cell's database
servers are listed. But, some cells (too few, though) have AFSDB DNS
records. For these cells, Arla will figure out how to access the cell
anyway.

For example, cs.unc.edu isn't needed in the CellServDB, since they
have AFSDB records, so it won't go away even if you remove it from
CellServDB.

/Magnus