Arla for Mac OS X 10.1, Finder problem

White, Greg greg at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Wed Oct 24 21:23:42 CEST 2001

Hi,

I'm having a problem with arla on Mac OS X 10.1 when using the Finder.

      After afs is started (either by running /usr/arla/sbin/startarla, or using the "Arla Configuration" GUI app) the "afs" mounted folders cannot be entered through the Finder. More precisely, /usr/arla/sbin/startarla creates /afs (and from a terminal window I can navigate from there to into the afs filesystem, and everything works just great) but when I try to navigate into that same /afs from the Finder by double-clicking on the afs folder, I get the message 'The alias "afs" could not be opened, because the original item could not be found.'

Do I have to adjust the mount_xfs arguments?

My setup is this:
Mac OS X 10.1, to which I downloaded and installed "Arla 0.35.6 for Mac OS X 10.1 as a Mac OS X package" from http://www.stacken.kth.se/projekt/arla/. That  install was made on top of a previous install of 0.35.6 for Mac OS X 10.0, which I had installed when I was on 10.0. These same problems were in that version too.

I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Greg White