Configure error for krb_afslog_uid

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Tue Oct 23 16:39:45 CEST 2001

> > libkafs.a from krb-1.1 contains krb_afslog_uid() as it should.
> > However, arla's configure does not detect krb_afslog_uid() because the
> > configure test produces a linking error when linking against
> > libkafs.a.
>
> On what platform was this?  Darwin/osx?

Linux i386 2.4.12 SuSE 7.2 install. I do not think that this is
platform depedent at all, all platforms without strlcpy() should show
this.

Workaround is to edit config.h like this:

$ grep AFSLOG_UID /usr/src/arla-0.35.6-obj/include/config.h
/* #undef HAVE_KRB_AFSLOG_UID */
#define HAVE_KRB_AFSLOG_UID

> > Depending on what was installed before, I think the linking against
> > libkafs.a breaks on one or more of the following libraries: -lkrb
> > -ldes -lroken
>
> What do you mean?  You probably need some of the dependent libraries
> from kafs too, which should be -lkrb -ldes.

When doing the configure test for krb_afslog_uid() in arla, the test
links against -lkafs but lkafs has unresolved symbols that might be
found in libroken. Should libkafs depend on libroken? In that case,
which libroken? (Both arlas and krb1.1s seem to be sufficient).