Compiling arla on OSX 10.1

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 18 18:39:15 CEST 2001

At 3:25 AM +0200 10/18/01, Magnus Ahltorp wrote:
>  > I have tried kth-krb 1.0.5, 1.0.6, and 1.1 and all three fail to
>>  satisfy all external references for arla (latest release).  The exact
>>  routines that show missing are different.  From earlier traffic on
>>  this list I gather that krbafs with built-in MIT k5 is not ready for
>>  OSX 10.1 either.
>
>One problem is that ld doesn't link with the libraries you tell it to
>link with. I haven't figured out why yet.

The -L/dir and -llib options are separate.  Most Unix's ld command
will give first preference to the last -L in the search order for a
given -l.  Love says that OSX doesn't do this.  Pity.  Is there any
down side to just including the library like an object module like
/dir/liblib.dylib?  Yes there is at least the downside of needing
conditionals for the suffixes.  Messy.  Yuk.  Bleach.  |-(

>  > How was the binary package built?  Is there a combination that "just
>>  works", or do I need to start hacking?
>
>With kth-krb 1.0.9 and this configure command:
>
>./configure  --with-krb4=/usr/athena --without-krb5 --disable-mmap

OK, I didn't see the 1.0.9.  1.0.7 is MIA, and 1.0.8 failed under OSX 10.0.

Thanks.
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu