Compiling arla on OSX 10.1

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Thu Oct 18 18:16:45 CEST 2001

> Our site uses krb5 for authentication (ftp and ssh) and one must run
> an aklog to receive afs tokens.

Or you can use afslog from kth-krb or heimdal.

> This suggest to me that the afs server is seeking krb4 tickets/tokens.

Yes, at the moment AFS only handles krb4.

> If the aklog (/usr/arla/bin/aklog) in the OSX 10.1 .pkg build is
> built with the config parameters below, then it will be looking for
> kerberos (krb4) tickets somewhere in /usr/athena/.

No, it will look for them at the same place where all other programs
linked against kth-krb will look for tickets, and that is normally
/tmp.

> If I have used KfM to obtain my tickets then the aklog in the build
> will not work.

Correct.

> For Arla to work in OSX 10.1 (with krb5 tickets to afs tokens) I
> need: KfM, krbafs linked to KfM and an Arla that we can build
> against those authentication protocols.

If you want to use KfM, yes, you need that, but you don't need KfM for
Arla to work. I use heimdal or kth-krb to get tickets and tokens. I
also use my heimdal login window plugin to log in and get tickets and
tokens.

/Magnus