mmap woes on MacOS X

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Mon Oct 15 16:15:41 CEST 2001

> arla 0.35.6 exhibits similar problems on MacOS X 10.1 as it once did
> on FreeBSD with everything mmap-related, i.e. "cp" sees older
> versions of files than, say, "cat". Is this due to X's native mmap
> problems?

Is that on the same file? I know that Arla 0.35.6 on Mac OS X doesn't
update files correctly, but not that it should be a problem with cp.

I'm working on a solution for the general update problem, which is
caused by a refcount from the VM system. Right now, a file will never
get updated from the file server as long as it stays in the kernel.

/Magnus