arla + KfM + cmu's krbafs = no joy :-(

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Sat Oct 13 04:01:52 CEST 2001

>    (a) allow people to use the kerberos login authenticator to log
> into a Mac OS X system; when they sucessfully login, they will have a
> kerberos ticket that both allows them to use kerberos-aware
> application (i.e., Eudora, Fetch) and to have an afs token enabling
> them to use their home directory, which would be located in afs-space,
> and ...

I do that with my own login authenticator (I has worked for a year
now). I have had build technical problems with it, but the code works.
I haven't released it, since it's quite useless if noone can build it.
I have it in both binary form and source if anybody wants. Right now,
it only gets you kerberos 5 tickets, and therefore it only works in
kerberos 5 environments. It is not ticket-space compatible with the
MIT KfM things (right now).

If I can just fix the building things, you can use it until Apple
changes their API. We will use it, since we have no alternative.

/Magnus