arla + KfM + cmu's krbafs = no joy :-(

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at mit.edu
Sat Oct 13 00:25:36 CEST 2001

>They are making it so you cannot authenticate against kerberos
>servers via login (period)? Or are they changing the API, requiring
>a re-write of the login plugin?  It would seem that the primary
>reason we have not been able to deploy OS 10.1 in labs here at the
>University of Michigan is that we are unable to find a way to get OS
>10.1 do what was described below. That is, use AFS as the home
>directory for a network user and allow them to authenticate via
>kerberos.

The are replacing the API with a completely different API.  Although
Apple does not support the existing API, they do support the
functionality of the Kerberos.loginAuthenticator.  So when the new
API appears, there will be a Kerberos module for it.

--lxs
Alexandra Ellwood                                               <lxs at mit.edu>
MIT Kerberos for Macintosh Team                       http://mit.edu/lxs/www/