arla + KfM + cmu's krbafs = no joy :-(

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at mit.edu
Fri Oct 12 20:08:30 CEST 2001

>At 1:48 AM +0200 10/11/01, Magnus Ahltorp wrote:
>
>>It should work if you install krbafs from cmu (URL in the README). The
>>MIT Kerberos does not have the kafs library, which is needed for arla.
>
>Magnus (and other "drinkers") ...
>
>Can anyone give me a hint on getting the krbafs library compiled on
>10.1?  Here are the steps I've tried, and their results ...

I am right now in the middle of working on a version of krbafs which
configures and builds correctly on Mac OS X 10.1.

There are a few changes which need to be made because KfM defines
several functions such as afs_string_to_key() which krbafs also tries
to define.  I'm adding autoconf checks to work around this.  There
are also a few problems due to bugs in the unix compatibility
libraries in 10.1 and differences in header file locations.

As soon as I'm done, I'm going to hand my patches back to the openafs
folks.  At that point I will set up a web page with build
instructions for Mac OS X 10.1, and I will send mail to this list
with a pointer.

Hope this helps,

--lxs
Alexandra Ellwood                                               <lxs at mit.edu>