AFS server symlinks and Kerberos authentication

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Fri Nov 2 21:09:58 CET 2001

> According to my sysadmin, setting up these aliases on the server side
> is recommended best practice in the IBM Transarc docs, so it would be
> nice if Arla were to support it. Anybody have any ideas?

I don't agree that it is the best practice, but if you really want
this, turn off dynroot and use your cell's root.afs. You can do this
by changing removing the -D in /Library/StartupItems/Arla/Arla.

We use dynroot on Mac OS X since the GUI lets you choose what cells
you want, and typically a cell's root.afs contains too many cells that
you don't want to talk to.

/Magnus