Kerberos 5-to-4 ticket conversion (aklog with Heimdal?)

Economou, Matthew [EESUS] MEconom at EESUS.JNJ.com
Fri May 25 20:41:27 CEST 2001

Assar Westerlund [mailto:assar at stacken.kth.se] writes:

> "Economou, Matthew [EESUS]" <MEconom at EESUS.JNJ.com> writes:
>
> > afslog doesn't even obtain a V5 afs service ticket.
>
> So it sounds like it fails before doing the 524 step?  Could you try
> running tcpdump on your machine and see what host/ports it tries to
> communicate with?

I started "tcpdump -vvv port 88 or port 4444" and ran "afslog".  There
was no network traffic whatsoever.  Then I ran "ktruss afslog" to see
what might be happening within the program.  It tries to read the
Kerberos 4 config files, does a DNS lookup, and exits with the error.
I suspect I don't have Kerberos configured correctly, but I don't
understand why I would need Kerberos 4 configured to make this work.

I will email the ktruss output under separate cover.

#\Matthew