Newbie question

Thomas Jordan jordant at fnal.gov
Fri Mar 9 17:33:17 CET 2001

Hello,

I have installed arla on my OSX system and do not seem to have write access to my section of our cell. I can neither write from OSXs terminal nor OSX's "finder". I do see my directories and files in both instances. The error messages are as follows:
from the finder: The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient access privileges.
from the command line:
[localhost:~/QNet/LBNL] jordant% ls
Proposal LBNL.rtf
[localhost:~/QNet/LBNL] jordant% cp 'Proposal LBNL.rtf'  /afs/fnal.gov/files/home/room3/jordant
cp: /afs/fnal.gov/files/home/room3/jordant/Proposal LBNL.rtf: Permission denied
[localhost:~/QNet/LBNL] jordant%

I seem to have missed a step in the install. One that prompts me for afs login information. Any ideas?

Best regards,
	Tom