Authentication problems with 0.35.4 on MacOS X

Samuel L. Bayer sam at linus.mitre.org
Fri Jun 8 19:19:34 CEST 2001

   > I get an error "Unable to get an AFS token: Retry count exceeded
   > (send_to_kdc)"

   I don't know about the klog program, but you should be able to use the
   kauth programs from heimdal or kth-krb for the same purpose. kauth has
   the -d (debug) flag which will show you what it is trying to do. Then
   klog is the next step to get working as it has less debugging
   possibilities.

Although I haven't tried kauth or kth-krb, I did just now try kalog,
which is also in the Arla binary distribution for MacOS X, and that
one works. I have a message from Love a while back which says that
kalog talks to the ka-servers directly, which implies that klog is
doing something else, but I'm not sure I understand what.

aklog also works, and doesn't even prompt me for a password, which
makes no sense to me.

Thanks for your help -
Sam