arla-0.35.4 prevents login on Mac OS X

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Thu Jun 7 17:06:33 CEST 2001

> I just ran into a problem that seems to be directly related to the
> Arla-0.35.4 package.  It seems that if the
> /System/Library/StartupItems/Arla directory and contents is in place,
> no user can log into the system.  All user accounts and passwords
> entered give the "shaky loginwindow", or the incorrect username or
> password error on the console.

There has been one other bug report on this. I don't know what's
wrong, since it works fine on all machines I have. It would be nice if
you could try to debug this more, since it's hard for me to debug
without a malfunctioning machine.

> Note that I installed this package on top of the previously released
> binary version; don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I should probably test this, the machine I installed on was a clean
install.

/Magnus