Arla startup script and Kerberos Authenticate problems

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Thu Jun 7 14:57:44 CEST 2001

> I tried, there were several messages on the screen but I don't have
> seen anything about Arla startup,  then I have looked at
> /var/log/system.log file and there was no message about Arla script.
> Is there a way to suspend/resume the scroll screen during the boot?
> or, is there a way to transfer to a file the same  boot informations
> displayed on the screen?

It's quite hard for me to know what's wrong, since I don't have your
computer in front of me, but you could try this:

Put a # sign at the beginning of the line of all the innermost lines
(line 4-8) in the startup script
(/System/Library/StartupItems/Arla/Arla). Try to reboot and see if it
works. If it does, remove the # sign from the "test -d /afs || mkdir
/afs" line, and reboot, and see if that works. If it still works, do
the same with one line at a time. Then we have a chance to know what's
wrong.

> My AFS administrator is on holiday, when he come back I will ask him
> if we have a kerberos 5 server.

What is your kerberos realm name and AFS cell name?

/Magnus