FreeBSD Linux emulation / arla 0.34.6

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Wed Jan 31 03:15:11 CET 2001

Chris Csanady <ccsanady at iastate.edu> writes:

> >The patch below for arla fixes the problem.
> >
> >> I believe that this might also be what is causing linux-netscape
> >> to wedge the machine (with home directories on afs), although I'm
> >> not positive.
>
> This patch does fix the directory problem, but apparently not the
> netscape wedging problem.  Anyways, I have tracked it down I think,
> but I'm not positive about the fix.
>
> The problem appears to be xfs_readdir getting passed a directory
> that contains an entry with dp->d_reclen zero--then it gets stuck
> infinitely looping here.

Yes, that is definitely a bug in xfs. It's also a bug in arlad. Can you add
`printf ("name: %s %d\n", dp->d_name, dp->d_reclen)' in one of the cookie
loops too find what directory that is corrupted.

The try to find the file in arla's cache directory. The converted
directory's filename ends with '@' and will contain the information that
the kernel reads. Then try to parse the file, or send it to
({lha,map,assar}@stacken.kth.se) and we'll try to figure out why it
happens.

I've commited your patch. Thanks.