Still can't get it to work :(

Mahir Aydin maydin at us.ibm.com
Sun Jan 28 03:25:32 CET 2001

The AFS servers use kerberos V and there are no firewalls between the
s390labo machine and the afs servers.  At least that's what the support
told me.  Well, I think I found the problem and I am sending some gdb and
stack info as suggested in the arla manual:

[root at s390labo bin]# gdb arlad
GNU gdb 4.18
are
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "s390-ibm-linux"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/arla/bin/arlad
Unable to find service afs3-fileserver/udp, using port 7000
Unable to find service afs3-callback/udp, using port 7001
Unable to find service afs3-prserver/udp, using port 7002
Unable to find service afs3-vlserver/udp, using port 7003
Unable to find service afs3-kaserver/udp, using port 7004
Unable to find service afs3-volser/udp, using port 7005
Unable to find service afs3-errors/udp, using port 7006
Unable to find service afs3-bos/udp, using port 7007
Unable to find service afs3-update/udp, using port 7008
Unable to find service afs3-rmtsys/udp, using port 7009

Program received signal ?, Unknown signal.
0x400968f0 in sigsuspend () from /lib/libc.so.6

(gdb) bt
#0  0x400968f0 in sigsuspend () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x40024f16 in __pthread_wait_for_restart_signal ()
   from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#2  0x400251f2 in pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.1 () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#3  0x45a7b2 in LWP_CreateProcess (ep=0x45d41c <IOMGR>, stacksize=102400,
    priority=0, parm=0x0, name=0x45e182 "IO MANAGER", pid=0x7fffe508)
    at plwp.c:604
#4  0x45e24e in IOMGR_Initialize () at iomgr.c:567
#5  0x4580e8 in rxi_StartListener () at rx_user.c:75
#6  0x44ac7e in rx_Init (port=4711) at rx.c:187
#7  0x405596 in initrx (port=4711) at arla.c:546
#8  0x406d0e in main (argc=0, argv=0x7ffffdf8) at arla.c:1018
(gdb) stop
(gdb) q
The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y
[root at s390labo bin]# exit

I think the pthreads library has some issues (arla does not support s390
architecture, thus I had compiled with pthreads.)  Any suggestions?

Harald Barth <haba at stacken.kth.se>@stacken.kth.se on 01/24/2001 11:50:29 AM

Please respond to arla-drinkers at stacken.kth.se

Sent by:  owner-arla-drinkers at stacken.kth.se