failing to build 0.35.2 on Linux 2.4.{0,1}

Emil Egerfjord mille at e.kth.se
Mon Feb 19 13:17:46 CET 2001

Hello,

All failures except the following is self-inflicted because of an automatic
build environment. The error below is caused by not having the krb4's lib
directory in "/etc/ld.so.conf" or in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I think it would
be better if the build process used the same linkerflags for "gensysname"
as for the other user-land tools built in arla.

Emil Egerfjord <mille at e.kth.se> writes:
> 1) Running without specifying any LDFLAGS or CPPFLAGS for kth-krb4 or heimdal.
[snip]
> Generates the following error in lib/ko:
>
> --cut--
> ./gensysname -c > sysname.c
> ./gensysname: error while loading shared libraries: libkrb.so.1: cannot load sha
> red object file: No such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [sysname.c] Error 127
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/scratch/mille/mpkg-work/arla-0.35.2/arla-0.35.2/lib/ko'
> --cut--

/Emil Egerfjord
| Emil Egerfjord                   | All opinions in this letter are |
| Email: mille(at)e.kth.se         | /Emil Egerfjord                 |