Mirroring arla has become difficult

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Wed Feb 14 21:42:44 CET 2001

Harald Barth <haba at pdc.kth.se> writes:
> >ftp> ls -l
> >200 PORT command successful.
> >150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for '/bin/ls'.
> >/bin/ls: -l: No such file or directory

This should now be fixed.

> Hm, this is a staff at stacken.kth.se question. I see that
> shake.stacken.kth.se:/usr/athena/libexec/ftpd tries
> 6739:   access("/afs/stacken.kth.se/ftp//bin/ls", 1)    Err#2 ENOENT
> which is wrong in a chrooted environment. Any ideas why?

Because the poor ftpd doesn't know that it's in a chroot-ed
environment and that wasn't the problem.

> Other question: Is the heimdal ftpd now stable enough to handle higher
> loads, so it can be used instead?

There's no difference between the krb4 ftpd and the heimdal ftpd
except for the gssapi authentication that doesn't get used with
anonymous ftpd so I'm unclear as to why you think I didn't handle the
`higher loads'

/assar