Authentication with Arla, krbafs and kerbV5 in darwin

Thomas Jordan jordant at fnal.gov
Wed Aug 22 18:11:10 CEST 2001

Hello,

I have built and installed Arla as well as the krbafs-0.9.8 build in
Apple's OSX (Darwin):

**
[localhost:home/room3/jordant] jordant% pwd
/afs/fnal.gov/files/home/room3/jordant
**

I can authenticate with Darwin's "built-in" kerb5:

**
[localhost:/usr/arla] jordant% klist
Ticket cache: API:Initial default ccache
Default principal: jordant at FNAL.GOV

08/21/01 13:13:09  08/21/01 23:12:52  krbtgt/FNAL.GOV at FNAL.GOV
         renew until 12/31/69 17:59:56

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: Initial default ccache
klist: No v4 tickets in Credentials Cache
**

What I need help with is invoking the krbafs ticket-to-token scheme so
that I have the appropriate permissions on
afs/fnal.gov/files/home/room3/jordant.

Solan had a similar problem but he was using kth-krb, I would rather use
krb5 and krbafs as the environment here demands kerb5 - but offers _no_
support for non-standard systems (read Apple - including Darwin.)

<offtopic>
I am also seeking a kerberos-aware telnet for Darwin - as the current
version is kerb ignorant.
</offtopic>

Best regards,
	Tom