Compiling on MacOS X

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Thu Apr 12 16:00:18 CEST 2001

> I tried building arla on OS X and got the following bomb.  Had already
> built/installed kth-krb.
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-krb4=/usr/local --without-krb5

[...]

> Any suggestions?  I don't understand how the pre-built package
> interfaces to kerberos so I don't know how to use/configure it, or
> what version of OS X it is valid for.  I'm using the release version
> of MacOS X.

First, you need to compile with -traditional-cpp to prevent cc from
using the precompiled headers (they mess up everything).

Also, there are some changes in the Mac OS X release with respect to
Mac OS X PB. 0.35.3 is not updated to reflect this, but I have made a
snapshot with the fixes. If you use that, it will automatically
compile with -traditional-cpp.

ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/arla/snap/arla-0.35.4pre1.tar.gz

/Magnus