samba compile prob.

Tom Vaughan tom at vaughan.to
Sat Sep 30 17:16:19 CEST 2000

Hans Insulander <hin at stacken.kth.se> writes:

> Tom Vaughan <tom at vaughan.to> writes:
>
> > Hans Insulander <hin at stacken.kth.se> writes:
> >
> > > If you get it to work, and solve the kdestroy issue above, please mail patches
> > > to the Samba team.
> >
> > Thank you very much! This doesn't "just work". I haven't done any
> > exhaustive debugging. Is there something I should be looking for
> > inparticular? Thanks!
>
> Sorry, don't know. I wish i could help you.

FYI - I never did get this to work. I got a hold of the latest AFS client
libraries and header files from IBM and faired no better. With kth
(--with-krb4) and with IBM's pam_afs.so (--with-pam) I could authenticate
against the kerberos server, but I never could obtain tokens, which meant I
only had read access, not write. And with IBM's software and --with-afs the
call to ka_UserAuthenticateGeneral caused samba to die a horrible death.

Thanks for all your help!

-Tom

--
Tom Vaughan <tom at vaughan dot to>